The number one reason to join the Waters Landing Elementary Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child.
In doing so, you also help your school. Active parent involvement in partnership with educators produces positive results for the children of the community. By taking the time to be involved, you are showing your students you are invested in what they do. When our children thrive we all benefit.
It is only $10 per membership!
Some of the ways your local PTA works for you:
- Brings parents together
- Provides parent training
- Sponsors workshops for parents
- Uses newsletters to inform parents
- Works on school climate
- Identifies volunteer tasks in school and at home
- Works with schools on ways that parents can support school instruction at home with their children
- Has representatives on the school improvement team
- Researches issues
- Testifies at public hearings on issues affecting children and families
Members pay dues that include a small portion for the county, state, and national offices:
- $1 goes to MCCPTA (www.mccpta.org)
- $1.50 goes to Maryland PTA (www.mdpta.org)
- $1.75 goes to National PTA (www.pta.org)
Please make a $10 donation for each membership. This can be done by filling out a form and sending it in with your child. The form is available in both English and Spanish, please see link below to download the membership form.