Dear 5th grade Parents:
5th Grade Trip to Philadelphia Reminders
Friday, May 31, 2013 * 7:00am-6:00pm
DROP OFF INFORMATION
1. Arrive at 7:00am on Friday, May 31st. We will take attendance, meet in chaperone groups and distribute WLES t-shirts at this time.
2. Our buses depart promptly at 7:30am. We are on a tight schedule and cannot wait for any late arrivals.
PICK UP INFORMATION:
1. Our buses will return to WLES at 6:00 pm. All students must be picked up by an adult at this time. Students are not permitted to walk home alone.
1. WLES t-shirts will be distributed at drop-off Friday morning.
2. Students will go home on Friday after Philadelphia with their shirt. Please wash it over the weekend.
3. Students must return their WLES t-shirt by Wednesday, June 5th. Shirts will be redistributed prior to the promotion ceremony. After the promotion ceremony the shirts will be theirs to keep.
WHAT TO BRING
1. Dress for the weather – we go rain or shine.
2. Bring sunscreen, hat, and/or sunglasses. They are forecasting a sunny 91º.
3. Bring a disposable bagged lunch from home. We will eat on the lawn after our guided tour. There is NO place to purchase food.
4. Bring a water bottle. It’s going to be a hot day – we need to stay hydrated.
5. Bring a backpack to carry your things.
6. You may bring a camera.
7. You may bring money. There MAY be an opportunity to purchase items from a gift shop IF time permits.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
Electronic devices are NOT permitted.
If you have any questions, please contact your child’s teacher or Ms. LaDuca as soon as possible or Email Ms. LaDuca.
We are looking forward to a wonderful trip for our fifth graders.
Mrs. Shrewsbury and the Fifth Grade Team
Waters Landing Elementary School
Germantown, MD 20874